Monday, 18 April 2011
Shark's Fin Soup Recipe
• 8 cups chicken stock
• 2 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 onion/scallion finely sliced
• 1 inch fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
• 4 Chinese dried mushrooms, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes, drained and sliced
• 2 tablespoon rice wine
• 4 oz ready prepared shark’s fin, soaked for 1 hour in cold water and drained
• 8 oz boned chicken breast, shredded
• 8 oz small shrimps, peeled
• 2 tablespoon soy sauce
• 2 tablespoon cornstarch (mix with 2 tablespoon of cold water)
1. In a pot, heat the and add the spring onion, ginger, mushroom and rice wine and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Pour over half the chicken stock, add the shark’s fin and bring to boil.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the chicken, shrimps and soy sauce. Pour the remaining chicken stock and the cornstarch mixture, and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Heat for another 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy this Chinese Food Recipe – Shark’s Fin Soup