Monday, 16 May 2011
Five Spice Pork Recipe
2 lb belly pork with skin
4 tablespoon plain flour
¼ cup oil for deep frying
3 cubes (45g) fermented red beancurd (nam yue), mashed
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoon oyster sauce, extra
2 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1.5 liter water
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1. Cut the strip of belly pork into long 2 cm thick slices.
2. Season the sliced pork with the marinade ingredients for half an hour.
3. Coat with the flour and deep fry in hot oil. Drain on paper towels.
4. Bring the fried meat and stock ingredients to a boil in a pot. Simmer for 1 hour on medium-low flame.
5. Add 1 tablespoon oil to a preheated wok to sauté the garlic until fragrant.
6. Toss in the drained fungus and fry for another minute.
7. Remove from fire and add to the pork stew.
8. Simmer the stew for another 10 minutes, or so until the meat is tender but still firm to the bite and fungus, still crunchy.
Serve and enjoy this Chinese Food Recipe – five spice pork